We gather this information as Universe of Engineering Trading as Primary Engineer Programmes.
We do update this policy from time to time so please do review this policy regularly. This policy was last updated on 18 May 2018.
If you have any questions regarding this privacy statement, please direct your questions to our website administration team at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a visitor, you do not have to submit any personal data to use the website.
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data, but does not include personal data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for our newsletter or register your involvement in the competition.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
When completing any of the activity in point 2 above, you have the choice to opt-out at any point in time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in every email, or by emailing email@example.com
Data is retained for no longer than is necessary for its purpose following which data is deleted securely.
Lawful basis for processing
Information collected from the website and stored is for the legitimate interest of responding to and acting upon the task for which it was provided.
Where applicable, consent is requested before processing information further via our opt-in tick boxes.
We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated and stored securely. Whilst we hold it, your information is safely stored within the UK.
Access to information
To request access / change / removal / restriction of information we may hold, please use one of the following methods to contact our data protection officer:
Telephone: 01282 417333
Post: Primary Engineer Programmes, AMS Office Tower, Billington Road, Burnley. BB11 5UB
What communications will I receive?
- News, information and marketingWith your consent, we will use your information to keep you informed about relevant news and events across Lancashire with our half termly newsletter.
- Registration for events Upon receipt of your details we will use your information to keep you informed about the event for which you have registered including relevant information about that specific event, and additional invitations to finals/awards events. We also collect data for our events via third party websites, please see the ‘Use of third party websites’ section below.
- Registration for entering the competition Upon receipt of your details we will use your information to keep you informed about the competition for which you have registered including relevant information about that specific event, and invitations to awards events/exhibitions. We also collect data for our events via third party websites, please see the ‘Use of third party websites’ section below. Under GDPR, consent must be explicitly given to anything that isn’t within the normal business of the school, especially if it involves a third party managing the data. Parents (or the pupil themselves depending on their age) must express consent for their child’s data to be used outside of the normal business of the school. We will be asking for each school to confirm they have this consent upon registration. We will then ensure that a legally binding contract is put in place to cover what data is being processed, who it is being processed by, who has access to it and how it is protected.
- Registration for engineers Upon receipt of your registration details we will use your information for the purposes indicated on your registration to keep you informed of relevant events and news regarding Primary Engineer Programmes. If you have opted in to receive our newsletter this will be completed but you have the choice to opt-out at any point in time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in every email, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not happy for your data being used this way, please contact us on the details above.
Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Disclosure of information to third parties
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud
- As part of this competition it is necessary to publish winners and runners up details along with images, this will include documentation requested for the express consent for use of images and details in relevant locations.
Where appropriate, personal information may be disclosed to law enforcement, regulatory or other government agencies, or third parties, where necessary or desirable to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or requests or for the purposes identified above.
Third party links
Use of third party websites
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.